Monday, February 5, 2007

Super Bowl Ads

What ever happened to the Super Bowl commercials being a respite from an otherwise terrible game? I was more interested in watching Rex Grossman throw up on himself on the biggest stage in the world, than I was in the next Bud Light commercial. Now...granted Bud Light did have the best spots (according to critics) during the Annual AFC-win-a-thon, but they should, having purchased 10 of the 2.6 MILLION dollar spots. That's just like the thought where people buy 30 raffle tickets for a shot at $1,000 (but usually end up with nothing to show for it).

I was asked several times today what my favorite commercial was and much to my chagrine, I couldn't pick just one. Usually I can single out that one extra-special advertisement that makes me chuckle for days--not this year. I do have 2 favorites, but both for different reasons. If I'm in one of those oh-so-rare sarcastic moods, than I'm going with the FedEx Ground commercial starring Harry, Eileen, Joy, Bob and of course, Mr. Turkeyneck. My other fave was the Sierra Mist 'beard combover'. The guys' shorts slay me.

Just a little sidenote for today...Michelle is feeling better finally. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. Also, while watching TV tonight, she said she might have felt a little movement in her belly (she couldn't decide if it was the baby kicking, or the tacos talking back to her....guess we'll wait and see!)

No comments: