Wednesday, June 13, 2007

where to begin...

Let's start with the baby. We are officially at 35 weeks today, and that pretty much means that the baby can come any day. Judging by the way the pregnancy has gone, I would say we will be waiting for a good while longer, but that's just my gut feeling. The baby weighs over 5 pounds and has stretched the uterus to 15 times it's normal size! The baby is also 18" long. Her kidneys and liver are now fully developed. Guess it's almost time!!!

The baby now hiccups regularly and I felt it for the first time last night. I know I've written several times that I don't know when it will be real, but it's now officially real for me. I don't know if there was a specific event that triggered this, but I know that when we go to the hospital, we're bringing home our child. I shared this with Michelle this morning...I had my first poopy-diaper dream last night. Apparently in my world, the baby comes home at the age of 2 and you can ask the baby whether or not they have a poopy diaper and they'll tell you. Michelle tells me that this is not the case :(

We had a great time on Saturday and a big thank you to everyone who was able to attend. It was so much fun to see everyone and create new memories.

We heard about a couple of great baby stores in the Kansas City metro and Michelle scouted them out earlier in the week, and then we both went on Monday night. The name of the store is Once Upon a Child and there are 2 of them in Kansas City (both in or around Overland Park). It is a consignment store, with mostly gently used items, but some items are new. It was nice to know that not everything has to cost a bundle of money!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the Missouri side, there's Children's Orchard....gently used...but potential good buy. W.Sherwood

Anonymous said...

HER kidneys and liver are fully developed? Do you know something you aren't sharing with the rest of us.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Josh...but I think it's more wishful thinking. Whatever it is, he/she will be beautiful and won't lack loving parents or relatives who will spoil and dote over it.

You will always remember when you first hold him/her...it's still perfectly clear in my mind for both of ours. Unfortunately, so is cutting the cord...that's an experience.

Monkey Business said...

The poopy diaper announcements will come sooner than you think. Enjoy every minute.

Lots of love!
(snap-snap)