Wednesday, April 11, 2007

26 weeks -- 1/2 a year

Today marks the 26 week mark. Michelle has begun to notice that sleep is harder to come by than it used to be. Each of the past 2 nights, I think she's spent more time awake than actually sleeping. Usually she has no problems falling asleep, but then her legs will jerk involuntarily and it wakes her up. She's tried quite a few things, but nothing has worked every time. Usually, the thing that works is watching TV till she falls asleep. Let's hope this part of the pregnancy doesn't last too long...

At 26 weeks, the baby weighs nearly 2 lbs. and is about 14 inches long. The nerves in the ear are now fully formed, so the baby is able to hear outside noises. With my spiffy new headphones, I'm going to start playing music for the baby. I'm not into classical music, and I don't want the baby to come out smarter than me, so I'm going to be somewhat selective about the music I play. :) Plus, everyone knows how much of a music snob I am (there I admitted it). I've been reading in several places that one way to help calm the baby after birth is to play music familiar to them. As such, I'll be picking selections that Michelle and I can both tolerate as well. It may be a long shot, but I'm gonna try!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what are you thinking, some "Ice Ice Baby" or "Save a Horse Ride A Cowboy" or another favorite "Little Willie"!
Megan

matt said...

better yet...we might even name the baby Paddy O'Quigley Madison!!

Anonymous said...

I expect baby madsion to have full exposure to the entire Def Leppard catalog via those fancy smancy headphones of yours.

Ang