Wednesday, April 25, 2007

28 Weeks

Today marks the beginning of a new week in the pregnancy. babycenter.com tells us that the baby now weighs over 2 lbs. and is around 14" long. The baby can now open and close it's eyes and moves it's head to any bright light shown on it from the outside.

Yesterday Michelle had her blood drawn for the glucose test. She drank a sugar drink given to her by the doctor, waited for one hour, and then they took her blood. They will send this off to the lab for analysis. This is where they begin looking for warning signs for gestational diabetes. While she was in visiting Dr. Sarah, she got to hear the heartbeat again. It's beating at around 140 beats per minute. Dr. Sarah still insists that the babies room needs to be pink...we're not ready to make that jump yet! That room's already been painted too many times!

I've been looking all over for a place to store audio files on the web so that I can share some audio (and eventually) video with you all. One of the other things that I've been trying to do is get the audio file of the baby's heartbeat off of the mp3 player and onto my computer. I've not been able to do that at all, but I am going to find out how...there HAS to be a way.

Before I close, I should add that I just received a call from the doctor's office and Michelle's blood came back from the lab and everything looks great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, for a good glucose test! Shawna had to do the same thing, but hers came back high, so she has to go back.

Amy

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that your pregnancy is going so well. We had so many challenges and I have always prayed that my sisters' pregnancies would be better. Another prayer answered :). The next few weeks may be uncomfortable but they will be wonderful as you make your final preparations for sweet baby Madison. We can't wait to learn about our new niece/nephew and cousin.

Mary, Don, Drew and Will