Thursday, May 10, 2007

Congrats Josh

Today was officially my little brother's last hurrah as a college student. Some 5 (not 7, as I originally had) years and 2 schools later, Josh has seemingly overnight become an alumnus of the University of South Dakota (again, I screwed this one up, I had Dakota State University...or DSU as opposed to USD). Rest assured, your first letter begging you for a donation has already been mailed (most likely with your diploma). You laugh, but my diploma did come with such a letter (as if school didn't cost enough...)

As for other goings-on, Garret was awarded the Janet Madison Memorial Scholarship for the 2006-2007 school year at Iola High School on Tuesday night. His plans are to attend Allen County Community College for a couple years and kick it in I-town working for the Iola Pharmacy.

We also got word this week that Catherine (Michelle's youngest sister) has chosen to take a pom scholarship at the University of Tulsa. It sounds like an awesome opportunity, and a whole lot of fun. Good luck to both of the high school graduates in the family this year!

As for Michelle and I, we are doing well today, but as always looking forward to the weekend. I'm going to try to get the gutters cleaned out this weekend, weather permitting.

Since Josh finished up his undergraduate degree today, I thought I would pass along a rockin' picture of him when he was a young tyke....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, it only took me 5 years to get through college - you can't count the first two really because I was still in high school taking college credits. Secondly, I am now an alumnus of the University of South Dakota. Dakota State is a different school, sorry. Just thought I would keep the info. accurate :o)

Anonymous said...

Josh..I know I've never actuallly FINISHED college but, isn't the point of taking college credits in high school to get thru college faster? Ummm..yeah so those first two do count, oh and nice picture :-)

Ang