Thursday, February 1, 2007

16 weeks and a day

This is obviously the first entry in (what I hope will be) many, many posts over the years. Most of you already know that Michelle and I are expecting our first child in July -- July 18th to be exact. Our 3rd trip to the Dr. will be tomorrow at 4:30. Not long after that, we'll get to see the first pictures of our little one, via sonogram. This is supposed to occur sometime between the 18th and 20th weeks. We look forward to that.

For those reading this and unaware, we've also recently changed addresses. We made our first big kid purchase and upgraded from a 1-bedroom apartment to a spacious 3 bedroom/2 bath duplex. We are very excited that our new baby will have their own room. For those interested, we're not quite sure what color the nursery will end up being, as we are not going to find out what gender the baby is until the day (s)he is born.

I don't want to bore anyone with a novel for my first post, but I did want to pass along a couple things that have gotten me thinking over the past 2 days. I received this link from my good friend, Jim and it really hit home with me. Take some time, read the story, and watch the video. Let it sink in, it truly is powerful.

The other thing that I would like to share is a young woman's battle against cancer, chronicled by her husband. She has been going toe-to-toe with colon cancer over the past 13 months, and according to her husband's most recent post last night, the cancer will win the war. If you have a few minutes, read this one as well. The world that we live in is one where violence, sex, and drugs rule primetime television and the internet breeds more of the same. For once, let's read something that is good for your soul and hopefully humbling at the same time. God Bless and LiveStrong Jennifer Ireland!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! Mary and I will be looking forward to keeping up with what's going on with the Madisons.