Tuesday, March 20, 2007

4 chambers

The sonogram went exceptionally well yesterday afternoon. The sonographer said that it was very evident that all 4 chambers of the heart were there. The heartbeat was only at 112 beats per minute (as opposed to the mid 140's previously). I'm pretty sure if my heart's beating at 112 beats per minute, you should call an ambulance. :)

We also found out that the baby weighs 1 lb. 6 oz. right now. Don't ask me how they know!! There were some pretty good pictures taken again. I'll scan them into the computer tonight and post them tonight or tomorrow for all to see.

Right before we left the appointment yesterday, the sonographer asked us to wait while she consulted with the radiologist. When she came back, she explained that she had noticed Michelle was having mini-contractions and wanted to make sure that it would be okay to send her home. The radiologist concluded they were nothing to be concerned about. I didn't realize she could have contractions already...but from what I understand, they're fairly normal and called Braxton-Hicks contractions.

No comments: