Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Happy 46th, Mom

Today would have been Mom's 46th birthday. These milestone days are the hardest for me, even 7 years after Mom died. It seems like the gravity of life events really does not hit me until we come to these milestone days. Things like my little brother getting married and Michelle and I having a baby--these are the days when I start to wonder what Mom would have said had she been there to witness these special events. Oh, to see her face when she found out she was to be a Grandma....I can't help but think that she's with us every step of the way.

Our next appointment is on Friday....and you better believe that when I hear the baby's heartbeat, I know that somewhere Mom is smiling.

Every year on those special days when I think about Mom a lot, I take myself back to her bedside on the night of January 19, 2000. As we stood around and said our goodbyes, Josh sung to her. And he sung the most beautiful rendition of this song that I've ever heard. It will forever remind me of Mom and her undying devotion to her family. Happy Birthday Mom from all of us!


Looking back on the memory of
The dance we shared beneath the stars above
For a moment all the world was right
How could I have known you'd ever say goodbye
And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
But I'd have had to miss the dance
Holding you I held everything
For a moment wasn't I the king
But if I'd only known how the king would fall
Hey who's to say you know I might have changed it all
And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
But I'd have had to miss the dance
Yes my life is better left to chance
I could have missed the pain but I'd have had to miss the dance


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely understand. Sometimes just knowing she's watching over me gets me through day to day life. You know she's so happy for you guys and is making sure you have a normal, healthy baby!! Love you guys!!

Amy