Monday, March 19, 2007

Happy day-after day after St. Patrick's Day

We had a great weekend catching up with old friends, and as a result I wasn't able to do much blogging. No worries, as I am back on track now!

First off, I wanted to clear up the sonogram nonsense that I was spewing a few posts ago. I totally had the wrong date listed for the sonogram. I had listed LAST Monday as the date, when in all actuality, we get to see the little tyke TODAY. OOps! Sorry about that. The appointment is this afternoon at 3:15, so I'll be meeting Michelle at Menorah Medical Center in just a few hours.

I looked this morning at some of the things happening with the baby this week. Here are a few highlights: the baby is now right around 11 inches long and weighs over a pound. The baby now has the ability to swallow as well. Guess we'll get to see the mini-person this afternoon! If they give us the hard-copy pictures, I'll share those via the blog as soon as I can.

I promised pictures of the pea-green nursery, and I've come through. You can find them on our Picasa site (located here), or I've embedded one so you can get an idea. If you go to the picture site, you'll also see the color of the walls now that they have been redone. In addition to wall color, the crib and dresser/shelving unit are assembled. We purchased the decor for the nursery last weekend, and got all of the furniture put together over the course of the last week. And to top off last week, our neighbor gave us a crib mattress that had very little wear. We disinfected it, dropped it into the crib, and we have a functional nursery. The only thing we are missing is a baby!

No comments: